Attempted Burglary in Grays Lane
Police were called to an address in Downley, after occupier found damage to rear door of their property in Grays Lane.
It’s not clear when the damage occurred exactly however it definitely occurred in the last couple of weeks. Access was not gained to the property.
Police are reminding residents to be vigilant and crime prevention tips are listed below. If you saw or heard anything that can assist us with our investigation please contact us on our non emergency number 101.
If you want to provide information anonymously please call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- Please consider a few simple prevention steps to your property:-
- Keep windows and doors shut, locked and in good condition
- Property mark your valuables with a UV pen or forensic property marking kit
- Use a timer switches to make your home look occupied in the evenings
- Ensure car keys are safely stored away from the front door
- Keep tools and ladders locked away out of sight.
For more Crime Reduction tips and information please visit our website www.thamesvalley.police.uk and click on the 'crime prevention' tab. Alternatively contact Thames Valley Police on: 101