Disraeli Downley Youth Club
St James' Church Hall
Disraeli Downley Youth Club is based at St Jamesâs Hall 3 or 4 Monday evenings a month. Sessions are from 7 to 9pm. All young people are welcome from school year 6 (the last year before transfer to upper schools) up to age 16. That includes visitors as well as residents and young people just dropping in to see what weâre like. Club nights are supported by enthusiastic volunteers including assistant volunteers who are ex club members. Action4Youth, a local charity, has support including CRB checks and training for our volunteers.
We work in conjunction with youth groups (the Downley Sports Association (Dynamos, Albion, Colts and Cricket Club) and other clubs and societies, as well as schools, faith groups, councils and other local and national organisations interested in opportunities for young people.
We welcome any voluntary support or aid and would be delighted to hear from potential members, would-be volunteers and from candidates for the management team.
Please get in touch with Martin Birkett - Chair of the Disraeli Downley Youth Steering Group or turn up on a club night. Parents, too, are welcome to look in on club nights.
Club evenings at St James's Hall
- Table football
- Table tennis
- Tuck shop
- Manhunt and football outdoors in the summer evenings
- Open evenings
- Special sessions such as:
- Cooking (popular with boys and girls!)
- X Factor sessions with karaoke
- Street dance
Club Events & Outings
- Ten pin bowling
- Ice skating
- Thorpe Park
- Adventure weekends at Longridge adventure park
If you want to try out a taster visit turn up any club night to see what is on offer. Bring parents or guardians if you like. Phone first to make sure we're not away on a club outing!
- Club leader, Jo Slifi, welcomes new members and volunteers.
- The club is fully supported by Disraeli Downley volunteers and the Disraeli Downley Youth Steering Group which is the management committee for the Youth Club
- Training is available for volunteers. If you can spare some time and want to see if volunteering or management work suits you, look us up.
- Chairman : Martin Birkett (+44 7766 420487)
- Club Leaders : Jeffrey Rodgers/Sally West
- Fundraising Secretary : Rowena Drewitt
Our thanks to our sponsors and supporters
- Wycombe Lions
- Buckinghamshire CC
- Wycombe DC
- Downley Parish Council
- St Jamesâs Church Hall Committee
- St James's Church congregations (Anglican and Catholic)
- Thrifty Van Hire
- Disraeli Ward Councillor of Wycombe Town Council
- Anonymous donors